This autumn the Department for Education (DfE) and the Strategic Development Network (SDN) are hosting a series of webinars for employers to look at what industry placements look like across various skills areas.
The webinar sessions are free of charge and will give you the chance to hear from employers who are already hosting placements in these roles. Topics will include how industry placement students might contribute to your workforce development in the current circumstances, and what support is available for employers.
The webinar sessions are as follows:
- Introduction to Industry Placements: 29th Oct & 15th Dec
- Health & Science: 22nd Oct
- Legal, Finance & Accounting: 27th Oct
- Engineering & Manufacturing: 3rd Nov
- Business & Administration: 9th Nov
- Agriculture, Environment & Animal Care: 8th Dec
- Creative & Design: 17th Dec
Click here to find out more about the webinars and to register your place.
What is an Industry Placement?
Industry placements are an extended period of structured time that a student spends in the workplace, developing real skills, and making a meaningful contribution to the organisation. They are also a fundamental part of the government’s reforms to technical education (T Levels).