The National Apprenticeship Awards are returning in 2021 for the 18th running of the annual ceremony.
Run by the National Apprenticeship Service, the awards are an opportunity to recognise the apprentices, employers, and apprenticeship champions that have made vocational training a success.
The awards are free to enter, with the entry period opening on 5th July and closing on 28th July. You can submit your entries to the National Apprenticeship Awards application website.
As with last year, there are nine categories you can submit your nominations to:
Employer of the Year
- SME Employer of the Year (for organisations with 1 to 249 employees)
- Large Employer of the Year (for organisations with 250 to 4,999 employees)
- Macro Employer of the Year (for organisations with 5,000+ employees)
- Recruitment Excellence (selected from Employer of the Year award entries and awarded to an organisation that has recruited a diverse and high-quality apprenticeship workforce)
Apprentice of the Year
- Intermediate Level (Level 2)
- Advanced Level (Level 3)
- Higher or Degree Level (Level 4 or higher)
- Rising Star (employer nominated award recognising apprentices that have made impressive progress in their career to date and have the potential to go even further)
- Apprentice Champion (colleague nominated award recognising individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to champion apprenticeships)
The Rising Star category will not include a public vote this year due to the condensed format of the awards.
Last year’s awards were postponed until November due to Covid-19, with the final ceremony taking place online. This year’s regional ceremonies will follow suit, with virtual events taking place in October.
National finalists will then be invited to a ceremony in London on Wednesday, 1st December.
If your apprentices are currently in training, now is the time to think about their End-Point Assessment.
Instructus Skills are an ESFA-approved End-Point Assessment Organisation with a flexible, apprentice-centered approach. See our range of standards here.