The rescheduled 2020 National Apprenticeship Awards final will now take place on Wednesday 25th November. The ceremony will be available to view online via a live broadcast.
This year’s event, which will be the 17th running of the awards, marks the first time that winners will be recognised in a virtual ceremony. The awards were first postponed back in April following the implementation of COVID-19 safety measures.
The National Apprenticeship Awards is an event that celebrates employers, apprentices, and “apprentice champions” from across every region and sector.
This year’s awards are in two main categories:
Employer of the Year
- SME Employer of the Year (for organisations with 1 to 249 employees)
- Large Employer of the Year (for organisations with 250 to 4,999 employees)
- Macro Employer of the Year (for organisations with 5,000+ employees)
- Recruitment Excellence (selected from Employer of the Year award entries and awarded to an organisation that has recruited a diverse and high-quality apprenticeship workforce)
Apprentice of the Year
- Intermediate Level (Level 2)
- Advanced Level (Level 3)
- Higher or Degree Level (Level 4 or higher)
- Rising Star (this employer nominated award recognises apprentices that have made impressive progress in their career to date and have the potential to go even further)
- Apprentice Champion (colleague nominated award recognises individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to champion apprenticeships)