The following job roles will be covered in the framework:
- Building Services Engineering Technician
- Building Services Engineering Design Technician
You will be dealing with issues such as the environment, sustainability and acoustics and will generally work in either a mechanical or electrical discipline. Your employer may have a variety of contracts from new buildings to refurbishment of historic premises for every sector of industry such as defence, health, finance, education, research etc.
The role will require not only technical skills but also the skills of customer service and communication.
These frameworks are designed to provide new entrants and those seeking progression in their career with the opportunity to develop competencies that are needed to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with Building Services Engineering Technology & Project Management, including relevant:
- Procedures and Practices for monitoring and implementing Health & Safety associated with Building Services Engineering Projects
- Application of Design Principles of Building Services Engineering Projects
- Contribution to Estimating & Tendering processes for Building Services Engineering Projects
- Contribution to the goal of Sustainable Buildings Management
- Monitoring the Commissioning and Testing of Building Services Engineering Projects
- Application of Contract Conditions for Building Services Engineering Projects
- Planning work, methods resources and systems to meet work requirements
- Environmental Technologies
- Technological requirements and changes
- Statutory and Non-Statutory Regulations & Requirements
- Working practices in accordance with project management procedures
Successful completion of these Level 3 frameworks equips an apprentice with the ability to identify and use relevant understanding, methods and skills to complete tasks and address problems that, while well defined, have a measure of complexity. They include taking responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and procedures as well as exercising autonomy and judgement within parameters. They also reflect awareness of different perspectives or approaches within an area of study or work.
Define the Standards for Your Sector
Our NOS and frameworks have been developed to best represent the skills that you need in your sector. If you would like to join one of our sector-focused steering groups and ensure that training continues to work for your business, please contact us on email@example.com.
We are proud to work with
Instructus Skills is a pan-sector body that represents the training needs of over 11 million employees across the UK. From consultations to certification, we ensure that apprenticeships deliver the skilled workers that employers need.